Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day



How sweet are kids on Mother's Day? Davis couldn't wait to let me sleep in, Abby and Katie gave me a serious back rub. The kids promised not to fight (which is all I asked for). Notice I said "promised not to" not "didn't fight." They seriously can't help it, I swear.

While I ate my cereal in bed, Davis presented me with:


Two words came to mind when I saw it - spittin' image.

The next page was:


Something about cooking him macaroni and cheese and being special. At least he's honest.


The results of an in-depth interview with me. Then, what he thought I'd say.


NOT my best recipe even though it says it is. You believe me, right?


My favorite page:


In case you aren't fluent in the written form of Davisese, it says, "If my mom were an animal, she would be a whale because you say you will eat me, but you don't." My favorite part is that we are holding fins while we hunt our prey.

And finally . . .


Clearly, lots of love.

Going from youngest to oldest, Katie drew this:


Katie's octopus legs are my favorite.

Abby gave me about a million coupons. Snaps to Abby for owning up to her most annoying habit. One guess as to what it is. I'll let you know if these coupons last more than a day.


Eden also went the coupon route. To be completely honest, I'm not big on gifts. Coupons and love are as good as it gets for me. Especially these:




I wonder what would happen if Eden was having a full-on knock-down, drag-out fight with one of her sisters and I whipped out that coupon. I think I'll try it.

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and those villagers whom mother's couldn't survive without.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You're the luckiest mom ever! I'm curious as to why Davis and Katie seem to often have "Under the Sea" moments with you. Absolutely adorable cards and love your commentary.

    ReplyDelete